Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chocolate on a diet?


Here's the counterpoint to Beta 5's amazing cream puffs. They also make a 90% dark chocolate bar that has zero grams of net carbs (carbohydrates minus fibre) and zero grams of sugar. So for those of you who are on a low carb / low sugar diet such as the Atkins diet, this may be the perfect treat. It's also the first high cocoa chocolate I've tried that doesn't taste bitter. I wonder how they do that. Clever!

As a footnote, I should mention that the list of ingredients does include cane sugar. How can something that includes sugar indicate zero grams of sugar on the nutrition label? I'll be sure to ask them the next time I'm in Vancouver stocking up on these chocolate bars.

UPDATE: Okay, so I asked. The amount of sugar is so minuscule (less than .5 of a gram) that it is rounded down to zero in accordance with labelling regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment